Thursday, July 23, 2009

from the inside out


The Word for today: Ephesians 3:1 -- 3:21
mark this: 3:16-17
That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man;
that Christ may dwell in your hearts
through faith.

We are born with a fallen, human nature. It's our nature to run from God and to put ourselves first. The image of God we once presented is distorted and tarnished, nearly unrecognizable.

But when we trust Jesus we become super-natured, Spirit-natured. We become super-natural!

We are being transformed into the image of God by degrees--from glory to glory (1)--by the Spirit, from the inside out. Eventually the new nature will surface and we will be like Jesus (2). That's our destiny (3).

(1) 2 Corinthians 3:18; (2) 1 John 3:2; (3) see Romans 8:29

2 comments:

  1. "...that Christ might dwell in ouur hearts through faith." Those who "dwell" in a home become part of the defining characteristics of that home. The Kutnyak house is not the same since our Sung Man Lee went back to Korea. We miss his presence, the daily interactions , his noise, his stuff, his conversation-even his card tricks! The way we dwell in this world is very concrete- we take up space. Jesus dwelling in my heart takes up space too. Although it is by faith that I make "space" in my heart for Him, when He gets crowded out by me and my stuff- I miss Him. I'm so glad that He never leaves even when I'm a lousy hostess. God, give me more faith to clear room in my heart for more of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie--It's a pleasure to read your thoughts and enter in to your spir-IT-ual insight!

    If anyone is wondering about the peculiar spelling of 'spiritual' it's something only a black duck could understand...

    ReplyDelete