Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bring it!



The Word for today:
Ephesians 5:3 -- 6:9


mark this:
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light. (Ephesians 5:8)


The image of God -- His likeness that His children bear -- is not a passive thing that sits still, like a new paint job on the outside to make us look good.

Don't think of the image of God as a painting, but as a movie projector, showing the life of Jesus to the world. The image of God is something we broadcast, something that shines out to the darkness. We bring the image of God to the world.

Those who promote the religion of man--faith in self, not in God--broadcast their agenda, too, trying to snuff out the image of God in the world. But they will not win this battle:
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it (1).

Before I turned to follow God, I was not just in darkness, I was darkness itself:
For you were once darkness.

I, not God, brought the teardrop into my life and into the lives of others.

Now, bearing God's image restored, I am not just in the light, I am light:
You are the light of the world (2).

So shine (3). Project. Bring it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(1) John 1:5; (2) Matthew 5:14 (3) Matthew 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment