Thursday, March 21, 2013

stay hungry


The Word for today:
Jeremiah 14, 15
mark this: Jeremiah 15:16 --
Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart.
Q. I've got two loaves of bread in the refrigerator. Should I continue to pray, "Give us this day our daily bread"? (1)
A. Absolutely.  It becomes a prayer that we will stay hungry enough to raid the Bible every day.
Q. Did you say, 'Stay hungry enough to raid the Bible'?
A. Yes.  What does hunger make you do?
Q. Raid the refrigerator!
A. Exactly; that's the function of hunger. So God blesses us with spiritual hunger:
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled." (2)
Q. So we'll raid the Bible.
A. Right, because...?
Q. Because, uhmm..."Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." (3)
A. Perfect! Now think 'Bread' and keep going.
Q. We, uhmm…we raid the Bible because Jesus is the Bread of Life! (4)
A. That's it!  Jeremiah was blessed with hunger, so he raided the Bible:
Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart. (Jeremiah 15:16)
Q. Then let's pray to stay hungry.
A. Go ahead...
Q. Give us this day our daily bread!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(1) Matthew 6:11; (2) Matthew 5:6; (3) Matthew 4:4; (4) John 6:35

No comments:

Post a Comment