Saturday, May 11, 2013

he will finish what he started


(written by Norm the Elder)
The Word for today:
Philippians 1:1-11
mark this: Philippians 1:3-6 --
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Wouldn't it be something if Bill Gates came to you and said, "I want you to be my partner."
You might say, "Wonderful, but what can I bring to the table?"
He would reply, "Don't worry about it. I will teach you all you need to know and provide you with all the necessary resources."
Sounds great! Well, that is exactly what Jesus does for us. He invites us to be partners in His Kingdom. Then He sends the Holy Spirit to give us 'on the job training' and guidance. During this time He provides us with all the gifts and fruit of the Spirit we need to be successful.
He makes us able. All we need to do is be willing.
Prayer:
We praise you, God, that we are sons and daughters; that we are joint heirs; that we are partners of the greatest opportunity ever made available to mankind.
In Jesus' name we pray.
Amen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment