Wednesday, January 6, 2016

ain't no Ain't no more

The Word for today:
1 John 5:4-21
mark this: 1 John 5:12--
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
 
I have an ambition. I don't think there's anything wrong with a good ambition.
I also have inhibitions. I don't think there's anything wrong with a good inhibition.
One of my inhibitions is about telling you my ambition. But, here goes:
I want to be the greatest Bible teacher that ever was. I don't want to be president, prime minister, pastor, or pope. I don't want to settle for lesser work!
But there's an obstacle standing in the way:  J. Vernon McGee.
Who is he, this McGee? Well he, McGee, happens to be what stands between me and my ambition. Because J. Vernon McGee is the greatest Bible teacher that ever was.
Was and is. Although he went to heaven in 1988, his teaching remains fresher than bread baked tomorrow. He can be heard today, via radio and internet, in over 100 languages, in over 200 countries. Just google "Thru the Bible" and you'll find him.
Here's how 'Doc' McGee explains the word "saint"--
"A saint, my friend, is one who has trusted Christ. There are only two kinds of people today: the Saints and the Ain’ts:
If you're a Saint, you ain't an Ain't.
If you're an Ain't, you ain't a Saint.
If you ain't an Ain't, you're a Saint."
This fundamental teaching is stated--even more indelibly--in our reading today:
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. (1 John 5:12)
I'm a saint, now. But for most of my life, I wasn't. Every Saint is a former Ain't who took a broken life to Jesus and asked Him for a new one.
There's nothing stopping you from trading in your broken past, your broken health, your broken promises, your broken marriage, your broken family, your broken mind, your broken dreams, your broken heart--all of it in exchange for a brand new life; and all for just the asking.
Just open the door.  Just ask Jesus in.  Then you ain't no Ain't no more.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment