Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I actually scared a crow!



The Word for today:
Proverbs 15:24-16:33

When our son Frankie, now 17, was in the 4th grade, he was in the grade-school musical.

He played the part of the scarecrow in "The Wizard of Oz."

I haven't heard him sing a note since, but the crowd that night was delighted by his plaintive little voice as he sang my personal theme song, "If I Only Had a Brain"--
"I could while away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers,
Consultin' with the rain…"
***

Well, I'm still waiting for the UPS truck to bring my brain, but in the meantime I purchased a Bible, which is smarter than anybody's brain, by far! So now I think of things I never thunk before, and then I sit and think some more!

Now I can tell you how the stars were hung just where they are.  Because when we read the Bible, it's as if we had a front row seat for creation!--
I was there when God put the skies in place.  (Proverbs 8:27)

And I can tell you why the ocean's near the shore:
I was there when he ordered the sea not to go beyond the borders he had set.  (Proverbs 8:29)

But before I got this Bible, I was just a nuffin', my head all full of stuffin', my heart all full of pain.

If those words describe you, then may I suggest that instead of waiting for a brain, or a heart, or the nerve to arrive, you could go and get a Bible for yourself (or dig into the one you've always had.)

If it worked for me, it will work for you, too.  Why, in no time at all you'll be able to unravel any riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in pain.

And those old crows are gonna be scared to pieces!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment